The Registrar of the Tanzania National NGO Coordination unit (the “Registrar”), which is a department within the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children has issued a public notice (the “Notice”) with respect to registration of NGOs. The Notice stipulates that the registration process at the Registrar’s office will only be conducted on Mondays and Tuesdays of each week during the hours of 8:30 am to 3:30 pm at Dodoma.
The Notice further stipulates that an application for registration of NGOs must be accompanied with the following:
- Constitution of the NGO in triplicate, a standard form template is available on http://www.tnnc.go.tz/;
- Personal particulars: (CVs) of three (3) office bearers (being the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer) with two (2) passport size photos for each one. Please take note that for international NGOs two (2) CVs must be of Tanzanians;
- Copies of members identification cards or passport copies (NIDA card copies for members who are Tanzanian and passport copies for members who are not Tanzanian);
- Minutes of the meeting held by the founding members containing their full names and their signatures appended thereto;
- Application form affixed with revenue stamps of Tanzania Shillings one thousand five hundred (TZS 1,500/=) or the amount equivalent to United States Dollars two (USD 2) for International NGOs. The application form is available on http://www.tnnc.go.tz/;
- Introduction letter from the District or Regional Assistant Registrar; and
- Any other particulars as may be required by the Registrar.
The fees applicable for registration of NGOs at the various levels are as follows:
- Tanzania Shillings eighty thousand (TZS 80,000/=) at District Level
- Tanzania Shillings one hundred thousand (TZS 100,000/=) at Regional Level;
- Tanzania Shillings one hundred fifteen thousand (TZS 115,000/=) at National Level; and
- United States Dollars three hundred and fifty (USD 350) at International Level.
Please also note that all payments must be made through the electronic system (control number) which can be generated through the NGOs Management System portal on the following link: http://mcdgc.go.tz/ngos/login/